Monday, September 10, 2012

Hard Week

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone.  I have had a not so great week with my training and haven't had a chance to post about it.  On Wednesday night I was noticing a lot of pain in my knees and I couldn't do any of the plyo workout without excruciating pain (feels like jumpers knee starting). So I decided to not do the workout for that day.  I did one of the off-day exercises, but then on Saturday when I was supposed to do my Strength and Explosion workout I went to a college football game instead, plus my knees were pretty sore still so I was scared to do the heavy workout.  Today I did some squats (fairly light weight, but good range of motion and explosion), ham curls, weighted calf raises, some in places lunges and a few depth drop jumps and my knees feel pretty good.  I've been icing them most nights and trying to take it light on the activity so they would heal. I feel pretty good so I am going to do my plyos and measurements on Wednesday and kind of redo week 7. Playing basketball tomorrow also, so I will try to get some video of the bounce dunk attempts if I'm feeling good. Just wanted to keep people updated.  Thanks for following.

4 comments:

  1. The people are demanding some video posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't had a real great jumping day at the gym since. I'll keep trying to get one up.

      Delete
  2. read this http://www.jump-science.com/2010/07/jumpers-knee-patellar-tendinitis.html it will definitely help You, it did help me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, read it all. Good info. Luckily my knees are doing better.

      Delete