Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Good Jumping Day

A Couple of highlights for the last two days. As most of you would know if you already follow his blog at myjumpmanual.blogspot.com I ran into Candyman at Gold's Gym on Saturday while doing my Strength and Explosion workout. It was really cool to meet one of the guys from the jumping community in person.  I hope  sometime we will be able to get together again, but this time to play ball or show off some dunks :). I've got a little ways to go for that though, but that gives me even more motivation.

I went and played basketball at Gold's during lunch with the guys from work today and was having a great jumping day. I tried a few dunks of the bounce and I was getting so close. Everything was bouncing off the back rim or backboard though. Just can't quite get high enough to get over the rim. I feel like I am maybe 1"-2" away from getting one off the bounce. Got me real excited.  I may possibly be able to get one of the bounce in the next few weeks. I'm currently consistently grabbing this rim off a two step jump at just an inch above my palm.  And still about an inch away from touching when trying for 2 hands. We don't have a lot of time at lunch so it's hard to film, but I will try to get my bounce dunk attempts filmed soon as I can.

Anyway, I was just excited about the good day so I had to share.  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same exact boat as you man! I'm right there, just need that extra umph. That's cool that you ran into Candyman, didn't know y'all lived in the same town. Anyhow, congrats on the good day, that's what keeps you working hard. Take care.

    ReplyDelete