Thursday, August 23, 2012

End Week 5

Seem's like it's been forever since I posted last. Was a little longer in between then usual because I took a few day break between week 4 and 5 to get my schedule back on track.  I'm all back on track now and didn't miss a single workout this week.

Took measurements today and  I knew before I took them that today was not going to be the greatest jumping day. I had about 6 hours of sleep last night, worked about 12 hours (2 jobs) and decided today of all days would be a good day to run 2.5 miles during lunch at work today.  I decided to run because I really need to shed this last 20 lbs and the Jump Manual has not been a very good weight loss program...

I've been stuck at 200 lbs for about 6 months now.  I really don't know what to do.  I know how to loose weight.  I've lost over 60lbs in the last 2.5 years, why is it so hard now? I need to find a way to break through this plateau. This last week I've been on a downward trend so we will see if I can maintain that. Wondering if I should finish week 6, which would put me half way through the program, and then take a while of and do Insanity and start running again to see if I can burn off 15-20 of these lbs in the next 2 months. I would still measure my vert every week and play basketball at least twice a week and try to track my progress there as well.  Last time I did insanity I lost about 15lbs and gained about 3 inches to my vertical. It's amazing how much a little weight can affect your jump.

The other option would be to finish out the 12 weeks as planned by the program, see where my weight stands and then determine if Insanity is still necessary.  I don't know, what does everyone think? Either way I will keep posting and tracking my numbers.  Thanks for reading and any advice you may have!


End Week 4           End Week 5
Standing:26"           Standing: 25"
One Step: 28.5"      One Step: 27"
Running: 29"           Running: 28"

Overall improvement so far (4 weeks)
Standing:     +0"
One Step:   +0.5"
Running:      +1"

7 comments:

  1. Hey man, nice work on hitting all your workouts. Those weeks are few and far between for me! Losing those last few pounds is always tougher than the first ones. Just the way it goes. Your body has adapted to your current activity level.

    To lose more weight, you have two basic options: increase activity or decrease caloric intake. Weight loss is as simple as calories in versus calories out. But becomes vastly more complicated when trying to maintain muscle mass. The thing that worked for me was to improve the quality of food I ate. No more junk, only whole foods. No more soda, even diet. No more (or very little) bread. Do that for a few weeks and you will see amazing results. The best part is that you can eat as much meat, veggies, fruits, and nuts as you can get your hands on. I actually only lost about 8# but I looked a ton better, made progress on all my lifts and felt a ton better.

    That way you can continue your program and focus on your original goal. Just my .02 cents. Hope it's helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advice. I think you are right. I don't eat horribly, but I don't eat real well either. I'm just going to tighten up my diet and keep going and see what happens. I still feel like I'm getting a lot higher more consistently as I play basketball, so it's obviously doing something.

      Delete
  2. Keep going JW, you're also helping me as an example and motivation wise. This weekend I will do my VJ tests for the 10th time. I will do my best to hit the 30.

    Don't worry too much about your weight, the advice of "Joe C. Thomas" looks solid, you just keep it up, you'll make your goals eventually.

    @Thomas, thank you sir btw for the tips, it will help me too.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, sounds like you are getting up there. Thanks for your advice and support. Going to keep working hard. I'll get there soon enough.

      Delete
  3. ^^ Btw, that's me, Enes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Joe! Keep going buddy!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I've decided to not worry about the weight as much. Think I've been stressing that too much. Just going to go hard with the jump manual.

      Delete