Tuesday, July 24, 2012

End of Week One

Week one was a pretty good week for me as far as workout. I did almost the entire thing except I ran out of time on my strength and explosion workout and didn't get a few of the exercises in. I am a little worried I don't rest enough. I play basketball 3-4 times a week usually totaling about 4 hours a week. My legs are often a little sore, but I usually feel OK, but not fully rested the next day. It's really hard for me to say no to basketball especially because there are usually other guys depending on me to play so they can have enough guys.

As far as gains I fell pretty good. Lost a little on my standing: .5", but gained .5" on both my 1 step and my running. Nothing real special, but they seem like real gains. I'm actually measuring for week 2 (I started my week on Wednesday to work the best around my schedule). So I will see if I maintain those gains, or gain even more.

I took some video at the park for week 2 of me measuring at a hoop as well. It's a little frustrating though cause the hoop is actually 10'1" (yes, I measured it with a tape measure). So I don't get as high as I think I should. But I will get that up when I get it edited.

Anyway, here are the stats.

Starting Numbers:
Standing Vert: 25"
1 Step Vert: 26.5"
Running Vert: 27"

End of Week 1:
Standing Vert: 24.5"
1 Step Vert: 27"
Running Vert: 27.5"

2 comments: